sepedakustom.co.nr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
sepedakustom.co.nr

Forum Diskusi Sepeda Lowrider, Cruiser, Chopper, Basman dan Limo Indonesia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

affordable bike for both on the road and light trails?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JashimChando

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-04-16

affordable bike for both on the road and light trails? Empty
PostSubject: affordable bike for both on the road and light trails?   affordable bike for both on the road and light trails? EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010 - 12:12

Visit a few bike shops and you should be able to find a good bike for under $400..maybe under $300 if you can find a used model/tradein. Skip the disc brakes on cheaper bikes, they are nothing but trouble and added weight.

I used my mountain bike for just what you describe for years. I did ride a lot of off-road, but that was before I really got into mountain biking, so it wasnt much more that leisure riding, not real 'mountain biking' down wicked paths, etc. I rode on some Bontrager Comfort B 26"x1.95 tires as a compromise; they have a smoothe center tread, and some knobs on the shoulders to help you corner in the dirt. Eventually I bought a complete second set of wheels and put some 1.5" slicks on them for road, and put some 'real' mountain bike knobbies on the other set of wheels so I could switch easily.

affordable bike for both on the road and light trails?
Page 1 of 1