sepedakustom.co.nr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
sepedakustom.co.nr

Forum Diskusi Sepeda Lowrider, Cruiser, Chopper, Basman dan Limo Indonesia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It was my father who was really concerned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jukido

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-07-30

It was my father who was really concerned Empty
PostSubject: It was my father who was really concerned   It was my father who was really concerned EmptyThu 10 Nov 2011 - 16:24

At last we were getting something positive, and yet it seemed a long gap between an absconding banker and Captain Peter Carey pinned against the wall with one of his own harpoons. We all listened intently to the young man's words.

"It was my father who was really concerned. Dawson had retired. I was only ten years of age at the time, but I was old enough to feel the shame and horror of it all. It has always been said that my father stole all the securities and fled. It is not true. It was his belief that if he were given time in which to realize them, all would be well and every creditor paid in full. He started in his little yacht for Norway just before the warrant was issued for his arrest. I can remember that last night when he bade farewell to my mother. He left us a list of the securities he was taking, and he swore that he would come back with his honour cleared, and that none who had trusted him would suffer. Well, no word was ever heard from him again. Both the yacht and he vanished utterly. We believed, my mother and I, that he and it, with the securities that he had taken with him, were at the bottom of the sea. We had a faithful friend, however, who is a business man, and it was he who discovered some time ago that some of the securities which my father had with him had reappeared on the London market. You can imagine our amazement. I spent months in trying to trace them, and at last, after many doubtings and difficulties, I discovered that the original seller had been Captain Peter Carey, the owner of this hut.
Christmas gift ideas
allergist
Back to top Go down

It was my father who was really concerned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sepedakustom.co.nr :: Hello! :: Introduksi-
Jump to: